Negotiation Principles and Techniques
Negotiation is an integral part of our daily life. Whether you are seeking project resources, deciding on a new hire’s salary, or inking a high-stakes deal for your company, your success depends on your skills as a negotiator.
In this foundational course, you will gain insight into the psyche of an effective negotiator and learn to steer clear of the most common pitfalls in deal-making. You’ll practice each stage of a business negotiation, from initial planning to the final handshake and memorandum of agreement. We’ll discuss 10 negotiation principles, including how to use the four basic forces in every business negotiation: power, information, timing, and approach. The Negotiation Matrix, developed by Roy Lewicki and Alexander Hiam, is used to shift from ineffective negotiating strategies and tactics to more cooperative and mutually beneficial approaches. Through group exercises, you will learn how to execute proven tactics, refine your personal negotiating style, and improve your ability to make a deal successfully and ethically in any situation. Along the way, you will gain new appreciation for how negotiating skills can help you overcome a wide range of challenges—at work and beyond.
This course, which is designed for anyone who wants to enhance negotiation skills and work more productively with customers, colleagues, partners, and vendors. No prior training in negotiation is required.
At the End of the training Participants would be able to:
- Enjoy optimal results in both formal and informal negotiations.
- Apply strategic thinking to your negotiations.
- Build confidence in your bargaining power and abilities.
- Improve negotiations by managing your emotions and influencing others.
- Build positive, productive relationships with all parties at the table.
- Create value and “enlarge the pie” to produce win-win outcomes.
- Resolve conflicting situations easily.
- Take time to gather all facts and requirement before hand.
- Present and maintain professional attitude
- Areas of negotiation
- Ground rules in negotiation
- Preparing for negotiation
- Questions to consider
- Negotiating or bargaining
- Typical approaches and ploys to negotiation
- Negotiation counter ploys
- Closing the negotiation
- Do’s and don’ts of negotiation
All Available Courses
- Service Excellence – How to Give Exceptional Customer Service
- Administrative Functions and Office Management Skills
- Pre-retirement and Personal Financing
- Business Management and Strategy
- Computer Skills
- Financial Management
- Occupational Health Safety and Environment
- Mastering Human Resource Management
- Employee Performance Behaviour and attitude
- Leadership and Team Building
- Marketing Management
- Personal Skills Development (Managing Oneself for Peak Performance and Interpersonal Skills)
- Production and Service Process Management
- Teller Service Orientation program
- Selling Skills and Sales Management
- ISO 9001: 2015 Internal Auditors Training
- Facility Management Practise
- Time management: Tips to reduce stress and improve productivity
- Procurement and Contracts
- Business Writing and Communication Skills
- Accounting for Non Accountants
- Change Management- Making Organization Change Happen Effectively
- Negotiation Principles and Techniques
- Defensive Driving ( A Proactive Road Safety Training)
- Ms Excel Professional Training
- Environmental Impact Assessment Training
- Oil and Gas Health and Safety
- Project Management Training